If you've taken the time and trouble to put together some really great content, which is likely to attract the...
Facebook has finally announced that the new templates for business pages are now live. The business page templates were tested as a trial between November and January and it seems that with the feedback they received these templates are now available to everyone.
Here is all the information you need regarding the new templates and how they will fit in with your social media marketing strategies.
How many templates are there?
There is a total of seven business page templates to choose from. Choose the template that bests fit your business – for example, ours would be ‘Professional Services’.
- Standard – We don’t recommend this option as the point of having these new templates is to make your business stand out for all the right reasons.
- Professional Services – This template is perfect for anyone who has already added their key services to the page. If you are a business to business provider, then this template was designed for you.
- Venues – Designed so you can highlight useful info like your venue’s hours, location and upcoming events. If you are an event management company this is perfect for you.
- Shopping – This template is designed to showcase your shop and online bookings. It will make your pictures stand out and show your shop in more highlighted positions across the page.
- Gaming – Designed to showcase Games, including a tab for Groups where people can find other fans. If you run a very active group then this template can give you the chance to have even more engagement across your business page.
- Politicians –As you can expect from the title this template is designed specifically for politicians. This new template enables politicians to reach their supporters and communicate much easier than before.
- Restaurants & Cafes – Designed to highlight photos and important info about your menu, hours and location. This is brilliant as it allows them to share pictures that are more likely to be seen daily and create a much higher engagement on the page.
The new options enable business page owners to choose from dedicated page layout and CTA buttons relative to their products and services.
How to change your business page template
To access the new business page templates, the tools are in the settings of your Facebook Page – go to ‘Settings’ from your main Page then select ‘Edit Page’ on the left-hand side.
In your Edit Page options, there’ll be a new ‘Templates listing – click ‘Edit’ to view your template options.
Once you have changed your template, you’ll then need to review your page as some items might not be working and you may need to tidy the page up. So, be sure to review all the elements within your new template as you don’t want broken areas of your Facebook page.
Which business page template will you be choosing?
Whichever template is your favourite, select it and start focusing on the putting the featured content in all the right places. We’ll keep you posted on new developments for when they add even more templates. In the meantime, we can help you out with your social media marketing if you need help with it for your business.