Magento & Ecommerce – Tell me more
Ecommerce websites are the most effective way of making money online, but very few E-commerce websites are SEO friendly. If your site isn’t found in the search engines it won’t be fulfilling its potential. Falkon Digital usually uses the Magento E-commerce platform to build online shops because it is the most SEO friendly of all systems and is open source.
When deciding on an Ecommerce platform to use we looked at a lot of systems out there and did some research into why Magento is so much better than over Ecommerce systems in terms of SEO.
Magento is Open source it is constantly being worked on and improved by a community of developers, which is constantly growing, this community also offers a lot of support and resources for any customisations and modifications you may want to make.
Magento was developed by experienced programmers who have worked on many different Ecommerce websites so the combined knowledge uses best practice and resources of what works and what is needed, not just for SEO but also in terms of usability, and conversions of traffic to sales.
The admin area of Magento is very user friendly it has clearly laid out tabs and search facilities and we find it easy to explain to even our least technical clients so they can manage and maintain the website themselves.
What are the Advantages of Magento?
- Create dynamic sitemaps through the admin area so the sitemap is updated every time you add a product page
- Enables Server URL rewrites – meaning you can make your URLs to SEO friendly very easily
- A large community for support and research
- Nearly 2,o00 extensions and plug ins to compliment your Magento Ecommerce website
- A growing online community of developers to keep the platform up to date and the programming cutting edge
- User-friendly back-end system means even technophobes can update and manage the site
- Ability to edit Meta Tags throughout the site including product and category pages
- Will link up with all payment gateways including paypal and Protx
- Ability to resolve canonicalisation issues through htaccess file
What are the Disadvantages of Magento?
- Requires a higher package of hosting and access, for example, database, htaccess, cpanel, and server space is necessary
- Difficult to customise unless you are a developer
A Magento Ecommerce website is one of the best Ecommerce systems out there, and being open source you only need to pay for a designer and developers time to get the site up and running this means it is a low cost and excellent way to sell products online.